[Radioig] Radio IG running meeting and ObsCore extension for radio data news

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Mar 4 18:05:19 CET 2024

Dear Single dish friends and visibility data fans or VLBI gurus,

Mark Kettenis and I plan to have a running meeting during the first week
of April

Please choose the date here :

https://evento.renater.fr/survey/radio-ig-running-meeting-dm-wg-invited-ya3w9rhc

Should be OK for everybody from Australia to US / Canada East coast +
South America. (8AM-11PM)

For western US and Canada (Victoria) + Hawaï just tell me if you want a
dedicated session.

Agenda :

      1 ) going to PR for ObsCore extension. There are prototypes of
implementation. An effort is going on about science cases (issue
https://github.com/ivoa-std/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData/issues/47) .
Discussion raised by the 2023 november release of the working draft took
place on the mailing list. But the content have been copied on the ivoa
wiki dedicated page :
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData

and also on github as issues #48,#49,#50,#51,#52

We also have a PR by Markus to discuss
(https://github.com/ivoa-std/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData) and probably
another one before the runnin meeting.

     2 ) upgrade of implementation review note. If you have new things
which happened in the 2021 note , please send us or directly create PRs
on https://github.com/ivoa/RadioVOImplementation/

Also valid if you didn't appear in the 2021 note and have something to
say now !

Cheers

François