[Radioig] ObsCore extension last news

Anita M S Richards a.m.s.richards at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 23:14:46 CET 2023

Hi All,

Apologies that I have not been following this in detail but whilst I agree with Mark that 1.10 is not a realistic use case, selection by uv coverage is, but just the number of antennas and extrema of baseline lengths is not enough.  On the other hand, often all archives provide is baseline length (or even just antenna positions), frequency, pointing direction and observation duration.  Metrics related to uv coverage density can then easily be calculated (as in the L5 and L80 etc. metrics in the ALMA archive) but I don't know if this is commonly seachable directly for any archive.   So it is not just a matter of what is commonly searched for, but also what archives provide and how much there can be an interface to convert the latter to the former.

thanks
Anita

Dr. A.M.S. Richards
Senior visiting fellow, JBCA, University of Manchester, M13 9PL
a.m.s.richards at manchester.ac.uk (please do not use old  @jb.man.ac.uk email)
I work the hours which suit me. I do not expect instant replies, I respect whatever hours you work.