[Radioig] Zoom meeting 2nd Oct 10:00UT

Mark Lacy mlacy at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 17 17:16:39 CEST 2020

Hi All,

Francois and I have been discussing the next steps for the IVOA Radio
Interest Group, and we would like to hold another Zoom call on Friday
2nd October at 10:00UT/6am EDT (10:00UT seemed to be the better timeslot
for most people based on our first call). If you can't make the call,
please place any ideas/comments in the Slack - ivoa.slack.com in the
radioig channel.

Topics to discuss:

* Implementation note for radio data in the VO - we would like to
document the current efforts to implement radio data in the VO. If you
have an implementation and can write a paragraph or two describing it we
will assemble these into a document to post to the IVOA site.

* Planning a future workshop on VO implementation, targeted to software
developers from radio astronomy archives.

* Common needs for the various types of radio data in the VO environment
(visibility data, single dish spectroscopic & imaging data, pulsar
data), for example, description of data provenance, typical use of
frequency vs wavelength etc.

I'll send around the Zoom details nearer the time.

Cheers,
Mark