[Media] Media Group: Maternity leave

Deborah Baines dbaines at sciops.esa.int
Tue May 25 12:39:16 CEST 2021

Dear Exec and Media Group,

I hope you're all well. I have the happy news to tell you that I will be going on maternity leave at the end of June 2021 and will not be around for 6 months. This obviously affects the Media Group chair position and the IVOA newsletter creation and editing. I've held the Media Group chair position for 4 years, therefore perhaps it's time to find a new chair and bring new energy to the group?!

For the newsletter chief editing, I've added a pdf to the Media Group wiki page that gives the step-by-step process to create a new newsletter and I can hand over this task either to one of the Media Group members, or if no volunteer is found, to my maternity cover (with support from the other Media Group members if my cover is new to the IVOA).

Please let me know if there is anything else you need me to do, and of course I'll be around this week for the interop!

Best regards,
Debbie

QUASAR Science Resources for ESA - European Space Agency

Dr. Deborah Baines
Astronomy Archives Science Lead

ESAC Science Data Centre (ESDC)
Data and Engineering Division
Operations Department, Directorate of Science
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
European Space Agency (ESA)

Camino Bajo del Castillo s/n
Urb. Villafranca del Castillo
E-28692 Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, Spain
deborah.baines at sciops.esa.int | www.esa.int
Tel. +34 918 131 146 | Fax +34 918 131 218