[Media] [Semantics / Vocabularies] Proposition for a IVOA vocabulary main page

Mark Allen mark.allen at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Jun 20 08:28:11 CEST 2018

Dear Jamie and Mireille,

This is indeed approved by the exec, and it would be very good for the media group to coordinate with Semantics on adding the changes.
From the exec meeting there are a few notes:

- The vocabularies would be linked from the Front Page of the IVOA
- The Semantics group will maintain the page
- There should be links to the standards that use the vocabulary.

I understand that this is meant to be a web page (not a wiki page) linked on http://www.ivoa.net/documents/index.html <http://www.ivoa.net/documents/index.html> with the title “VOCABULARIES” as is done for ‘DOCUMENTS’, ‘XML SCHEMA’ etc.

I note that there would be some work involved to make all the information uniformly organised and presented.

Looking at the test wiki page there is a top level table for the different vocabularies, each of which links to a directory

Hosted on ivoa.net <http://ivoa.net/> for data link
Hosted on docs.g-vo.org <http://docs.g-vo.org/> for VOResource
Hosted on ivoa.net <http://ivoa.net/> for UCDs
The Theory Vocabularies links to a different sort of page on votheory.pbspm.fr <http://votheroy.pbspm.fr/> with an interactive search.