[Media] posting IVOA newsletter on Facebook and Twitter

Deborah Baines dbaines at sciops.esa.int
Mon Feb 12 16:37:38 CET 2018

Hi Jamie,

I've no major comments. Go with the two general posts on the newsletter
in Facebook and Twitter, then maybe someone suggests one of the articles
that can be highlighted.

Cheers,
Debbie

On 09/02/18 19:43, Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne wrote:
> No worries, Bruce.  I'm leaning towards the more general posts,  and
> not rolling-off another popular news item.
>
> We can also wait 'till tomorrow to post it so everyone has chance to
> provide some input; it's still quite early in the a.m. for some of the
> Media Group :)
>
> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 1:31 PM, Bruce Berriman <gbb at ipac.caltech.edu
> <mailto:gbb at ipac.caltech.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Sorry, I am in a KOA team meeting all day- will try to find a
>      minute or two to look at this
>
>     =B
>
>>     On Feb 9, 2018, at 8:05 AM, Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne
>>     <jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu
>>     <mailto:jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi all,
>>
>>     Here's a couple ideas I drafted:
>>
>>     Facebook:
>>
>>         [some newer VO-related story]. See more progress from the
>>         past 8 months in the latest IVOA Newsletter:
>>         http://ivoa.net/newsletter/018/index.html
>>         <http://ivoa.net/newsletter/018/index.html>
>>
>>         or
>>
>>         Didn't get a chance to read the IVOA newsletter yet? Catch up
>>         on the progress made in 2017. Read about the new data
>>         services, major science tool updates, and general world-wide
>>         VO efforts: http://ivoa.net/newsletter/018/index.html
>>         <http://ivoa.net/newsletter/018/index.html>
>>
>>     Twitter:
>>
>>         Read the IVOA newsletter yet? Catch up on new data services,
>>         science tool updates, and general VO efforts made in 2017:
>>         http://ivoa.net/newsletter/018/index.html
>>         <http://ivoa.net/newsletter/018/index.html>
>>
>>         or
>>
>>         [popular news item we can tag up with]
>>
>>     Any suggestions / alternative post ideas?
>>     I'm thinking of posting around 3:00pm EST  (Hootsuite says it's a
>>     good time to post).  This would be 12:00pm PST, 8:00pm western
>>     EUR, 7:00am Sydney.
>>
>>     Thanks!
>>     Jamie
>>
>>     On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 12:05 PM, Budynkiewicz, Jamie
>>     Anne<jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu
>>     <mailto:jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu>>wrote:
>>
>>         Dear Media Group,
>>
>>         Yihan sent me a note that the IVOA WeChat account posted the
>>         newsletter today. Perhaps we should follow-up with posts on
>>         Facebook and Twitter today. What do you think?
>>
>>         I'm working out draft posts right now, and I'd be happy to
>>         get suggestions from you guys on what newsletter items to
>>         highlight. Figure mentioning the more science-y aspects would
>>         be best.
>>
>>         Or, if there's more recent VO news we could share, we could
>>         start with that, then say "see what else we've done in the
>>         past year," and link to the newsletter.
>>
>>         Thanks,
>>         Jamie
>>
>>         PS - I know I'd send out the CSP/Media Group Portal
>>         discussion notes early last week (sorry!). I'll get to them soon.
>>
>>         --
>>         Jamie A. Budynkiewicz
>>         Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
> [...]

QUASAR Science Resources for ESA - European Space Agency

Dr. Deborah Baines
ESDC Scientist

ESAC Science Data Centre (ESDC)
Data and Engineering Division
Operations Department, Directorate of Science
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
European Space Agency (ESA)

Camino Bajo del Castillo s/n
Urb. Villafranca del Castillo
E-28692 Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, Spain
deborah.baines at sciops.esa.int | www.esa.int
Tel. +34 918 131 146  | Fax  +34 918 131 218

content is not permitted.