[Media] IVOA portal/website discussion ** joint meeting with CSP and Media Group

Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 8 15:03:18 CET 2018

Dear CSP and Media Group members,

At the Santiago Interop, we started a discussion on revamping the IVOA
website, and in particular, having an "IVOA Portal" on the front page.
Bruno, Pepi, Janet, Jamie, and others had a discussion in December about
what should be on the front page.  See the meeting notes for the detailed
discussion plus the general direction we're thinking of at
http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/MediaGroup/ivoa_
portal_discussion_20171215.pdf.

To kick-off the website rework, we thought the CSP and Media Group should
have a joint meeting to discuss the new IVOA front page and website updates
in general. This first meeting would be to discuss what should be on the
front page, e.g., what information is most important to highlight to
visitors, what links to include, how should we organize the front page, and
making the material easier to jump into as a non-VO person.

Please fill in the Doodle poll for times you are available to talk:
https://doodle.com/poll/dx9ucp6ice5v2rs2.  The UTC time options are

*  06:00* -- 10:00 PM western US (previous day), 6:00 AM western EUR, 2:00
PM eastern China, 4:00 PM Sydney
*  16:00* -- 8:00 AM western US, 4:00 PM western EUR, 12:00 AM eastern
China (next day), 6:00 AM Sydney (next day)
*  23:00* -- 3:00 PM western US, 11:00 PM western EUR, 7:00 AM eastern
China (next day), 9:00 AM Sydney (next day)

If none of these times work for you or you have another time slot
suggestion, please let us know and we can add it to the poll.

Best regards,
Jamie Budynkiewicz and Bruno Merin

--
Jamie A. Budynkiewicz