[Media] General status update and upcoming tasks

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Fri Dec 15 08:34:20 CET 2017

Dear Jamie & Debbie, dear all,

jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu>:

> Dear all,
>
> Hope everyone is doing well. It's been awhile since we last met, so I
> asked Debbie if we could send out a status of the items on our plate.
> Here's a couple of highlighted tasks/notes that have due dates coming up:
>
> - IVOA newsletter (DB):  Sent to Exec and Media Group. Goal:  publish the
> week of **Dec. 18** -- (almost finished)
>
> - VO handouts for conferences:   an email was sent around yesterday asking
> for ideas.  A conversations' been started (thanks for the inputs so far).
> I talked with Pepi, and she says a good day to get a draft in would be for
> the next Exec meeting, **Dec. 19**.
>     ** For those of us at AAS, we could hand some out at the undergraduate
> reception, plus give some to IVOA-partners to put at their booths **if they
> want them**; Bruce mentioned some organizations have due dates for booth
> material, plus we need to make sure the content is OK with the parties
> involved.
>
> - Website:  I started to play around with the wordpress site again earlier
> this week, and realized the free wordpress blog doesn't let you add plugins
> or custom themes/CSS.  I brought this up to Pepi this morning.  We were
> thinking if it's worth it to pay for a test wordpress site so we can
> develop it together, or try to host the test site at CXC.
>    ** What do people think? Does anyone have suggestions / concerns? Note
> that we can still work on site content and organization with the current
> wordpress site.

Recently VObs.it renewed the domain name ivoa.net. In doing so we also
renewed the never used ivoa.info domain (that was bought not to confuse
people if someone else picks it up). It you have a way to use a test
machine we can arrange to have it resolve to that name, thus making it
easier to have it reacheable for those interested in setting up the pages.

Cheers,
     Marco (really late in picking up on the media&social things...)