[Media] [ivoa-news-editors] Only one article submitted to

Yihan Tao y.tao at nao.cas.cn
Thu Nov 9 02:52:13 CET 2017

Hi all,

On behalf of Chenzhou, we would like to submit the following news.

*DAEPO BoF Session at ADASS*
On the recent ADASS conference held in Santiago, Chile, a bird of a
feather (BoF) session on Data-driven and VO-enabled Education and
Citizen Science was organized by the chair of IVOA Education Interest
Group and IAU working group on Data Driven Astronomy Education and
Public Outreach (DAEPO), Dr. ChenZhou Cui. In the BoF session, Dr. Janet
Evans, the Secretary General of the IVOA from Harvard University
introduced virtual observatory and the IVOA. Principle developer of the
World Wide Telescope (WWT), Mr. Jonathan Fay from the Microsoft
Research, gave a talk on the history and latest development of WWT. Dr.
Chenzhou Cui present the work of China-VO in DAEPO with examples of a
citizen science project called Popular Supernova Project (PSP) and
interactive digital planetarium powered by WWT. Participants have also
shared their experience and discussed how to efficiently leverage the
data and VO-tools at hand to design and carry out education activities
and citizen science projects.

Cheers,

Yihan

在 2017/11/7/周二 3:54, Chenzhou CUI 写道: