[Media] Group Meeting #3 notes from 2017-10-28

Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 31 21:51:48 CET 2017

Hi all,

I've posted the meeting notes on Twiki:
http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/MediaGroup/IVOAMediaGroupMOMs_2017-10-28_ADASS.pdf

If you find anything that should be corrected or added to the notes, please
let me know and I'll update the doc.

I assigned a couple actions to members who weren't at ADASS/IVOA --
hopefully they assignments make sense :)  Shanshan, I gave you a check
to see if Slack (https://slack.com/) is available in China; Debbie, I gave
you
some organizational tasks.

Action#11: (DB) schedule the next meeting. Send out a doodle poll and
  organize topics.
Action#15: (DB) send draft charter to Exec
Action#16: (LS) check if Slack is available in China; if not, see what
  other communication services are available and easy to use.

There are also a number of unassigned actions. These were things we
talked about at the meeting, but never assigned a person to them. I figure
if
someone wants to take the task, they can

  - send an email to media at ivoa.net (so no one steps on their toes), or
  - we can talk about them at the next meeting, or
  - someone can take Action#19 and make a kanban board to assign tasks

Also, we should probably post something from ADASS/IVOA on facebook
or twitter...

It was great meeting you at the Interop! We got some good baselines down,
let's keep the momentum going!

Cheers,
Jamie

--