[Media] Media group/Exec actions from Jun22 telecon

Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 25 19:15:03 CEST 2017

Hi Janet,

Thanks for sending a reminder and offering to meet up and review the
actions. The Media Group members here at ADASS have met up and discussed
the action statuses, and we've laid out our next steps.

We invite everyone in this email thread to join us **tomorrow Oct. 27 at
lunch** to discuss the current status / next steps for the Media Group
before the Exec meeting. We also have a draft of our charter that we'd like
to share with you for inputs / thoughts.  If no one can show up for lunch,
no worries; we can send a more detailed status report before the Exec
meeting as necessary.

Thanks,
Jamie

Here are short action statuses in the meantime:

ACTION 69-2: WORKING
     - We just created a Facebook Page for the IVOA. We plan to create a
Twitter, Weibo, and WeChat account this week.
     - We have started a discussion of what we think should be on the top
IVOA page, mainly, it should aesthetically pleasing to look at, and it
should be obvious to the general astronomer on how VO helps them do science.
ACTION70-3: WORKING
     Started review of website, sharing notes with each other.
     - plan to make a private Wordpress site to test and share changes on
ACTION70-4: OPEN
    We have not coordinated with the CSP yet.
    - In the meantime, discussed alternatives to creating a new web portal
(e.g., having more obvious pointers to existing services / applications on
the IVOA home page).

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 3:20 PM, Janet Evans <janet at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Dear Media group/Pepi/Mark/Francoise,
> I’m interested in any updates on the following actions from the Exec/Media
> group telecon on Jun 22, 2017.
> There will be an IVOA Exec meeting this week in Santiago.  It would be
> good have the current status on
> the actions being carried in the Exec minutes for that meeting.
>
> If folks at the ADASS/IVOA meeting this week are interested in meeting and
> making some progress, I am
> available.  Please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
> -Janet
>
> ACTION 69-2: Media Group/PF/MA/FG – Review/update IVOA Top Web page for
> content (exec member input) and addition of new media attributes (e.g.,
> twitter, FB) by media group. OPEN
>
> ACTION70-3: Media group – Take first steps to organize what needs to be
> done with regard to WebPages – WORKING
>
> ACTION70-4: Media Group/CSP – Coordinate and report to the Exec with a
> proposal to address the IVOA Web Portal. – OPEN

Jamie A. Budynkiewicz
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
100 Acorn Park Dr. R-377 MS-81
Cambridge, MA 02140