[Media] *DRAFT* Exec Meeting notes - 25Jul17 telecon

Chenzhou CUI ccz at bao.ac.cn
Fri Jul 28 03:22:05 CEST 2017

Dear Janet,

Please update actions related to me as the following. I am sorry for my
unclear expression.

---------

ACTION69S-1: CC – Talk to the office of Astronomy and Development on a
Collaboration at the IAU. – DONE (CC reported that the proposal
submitted by IAU OAO was accepted as a focus meeting (FM). The FM title
is “IAU’s role on global astronomy outreach, the latest challenges and
bridging different communities”. It will be 4 sessions (1.5h each) over
3 days. The meeting organization is still ongoing; CC also noted that
there was an IAU/EAC sponsored first International Symposium on
Education in Astronomy and Astrobiology (Jul 3-7, 2017) in Utrecht,
Netherlands and that the meeting was very positive and successful. CC
gave a Education talk. The next meeting is in two years in Spain and CC
will be co-chair of that meeting.

ACTION 71-2: CC – Coordinate an IAU session with an IVOA focus
---------

Cheers,

Chenzhou

On 2017/7/28 0:43, Janet Evans wrote:
> Dear IVOA Exec,
>
> The *draft* minutes from the 25Jul17 Exec telecon have been posted on the IVOA
> Executive Reports & Meetings page.  Thank you to members of the Media group for
> attending and updating the Exec on recent activities.
>
> Here is the pointer to the notes:
> 	http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaRepMin/ivoa-tm71-20170725.pdf
>
> Your comments and corrections are welcome.
>
> Please note that the next Exec meeting is by telecon on **Sep 26 @15:00 UTC.**
>
> As followup to the discussion (covered in items 2 & 8 in the notes) about an
> Education/Media session during the IVOA meeting and the point that there may not
> be time in the schedule for it given the ‘short’ fall meeting, I found that ADASS
> has an “Education and Citizen Science” theme that may be a suitable place for an
> Oral presentation.  Just thought I’d pass that information along.
>
> Best Regards,
> -janet

Chenzhou Cui
National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: +86-10-64872500
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: +86-10-64888708
20A Datun Road, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz at bao.ac.cn
Beijing 100012, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb