[kdd] Call for contributions to KD-IG mini-session on generative AI and language models

Rafael Martinez Galarza juan.martinez.galarza at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 18 14:48:09 CEST 2023

Hi Raffaele, Yihan,

I can give a 8 minute intro to Transformers, which is the type of algorithm
beyond GPT-4. It will not include many applications, only a
general overview, perhaps with an example of their use in time-domain
astronomy.

The title of the talk is:

"A Brief Intro to Transformers"

Thanks,
Rafael

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 10:24 AM Raffaele D'Abrusco <
rdabrusc at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Dear IVOA community
>
> We would like to solicit contributions in the form of "micro-talks" (1-3
> slides, 5' max) on
> the topic of the emerging tools based on generative Artificial
> Intelligence (AI) and generative
> language models for the KD-IG session at the IVOA InterOp meeting in
> Bologna.
>
> These very short, informal contributions will ideally introduce a diverse
> set of ideas on the topic of generative AI,
> the applications of the underlying data mining techniques to astronomical
> data and how new commercial tools
> (like ChatGPT, Bard, Bing etc) based on this technology will affect
> astronomy and, more specifically, the VO.
> The goal of the session will be to spark a lively general discussion (at
> least 30') and determine a path
> going forward to a more structured discussion of this topic in a future
> meeting.
>
> If you are interested, please reply to Yihan and myself.
> Thanks,
> - Raffaele
>
> --
>
> Raffaele D'Abrusco
>
> *Data Processing and Archive Astrophysicist*
>
> Chandra X-Ray Center
>
> Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian
>
> Office: (617) 495 7208
>
> 60 Garden Street | MS 67 | Cambridge, MA 02138
>
> "We adore chaos because we love to produce order" (M.C. Escher)

Rafael Martínez-Galarza

Staff Astrophysicist

Chandra X-Ray Data Center

Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

Office: (617) 4957 7027 | Cell: (617) 945 6397

60 Garden Street | MS 66 | Cambridge, MA 02138

cfa.harvard.edu | Facebook <http://cfa.harvard.edu/facebook> | Twitter
<http://cfa.harvard.edu/twitter> | YouTube <http://cfa.harvard.edu/youtube>