[kdd] KD-IG meeting

Raffaele D'Abrusco rdabrusc at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 9 21:39:33 CET 2022

Hello

you can find below a very terse minute of the telecon today. I want to
thank everyone who
joined me. Please notice that we will hold a KDIG session at the next IVOA
InterOp meeting
(25-29 April). A call for contributions will be sent next week.
Cheers,

- Discussed the still ongoing search for a vice-chair. Potential
self-candidates should contact
Raffaele and discuss the duties of the position.
 - Discussed the idea of a "KD-IG white paper" describing bases,
methodological, technical and scientific
interests and and main focus of the KDIG work in the near and medium term
future. We'll investigate
similar experiences of other IVOA IGs. I am particularly interested in the
potential of spawning official
IVOA documents from the white paper.
  - Suggested the creation of a repository of KD models/datasets used in
astronomy; survey to ask about
KD-related needs in the community (I remember a similar attempt in the
past  but I will double check).
 - It was suggested science platforms supporting KD as another topic that
the KDIG should consider.
Might evaluate if it is appropriate for a joint session with other WGs/IGs
(GWS, Apps,?) in this or next
InterOp. I am particularly interested in feedback on this idea.
- 2022 Spring InterOp (25-29 April, fully virtual): I will ask for one
session for KDIG and send a call for
contributions (talks, demos, etc)  next week.