Call for contributions to DAL WG session at Nov. 2024 Interop

Grégory Mantelet gregory.mantelet at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Sep 26 15:48:46 CEST 2024

Dear DAL members and IVOA,

The November IVOA Interoperability Meeting
<https://indico.ict.inaf.it/event/2996/> will take place in La Valletta,
Malta from 14 - 17 November 2024. Remote attendance will also be supported.

We invite you to contribute to the DAL session with a DAL related topic.

For reminder, DAL stands for Data Access Layer. This Working Group aims
to define standards and protocols to access data in an interoperable
way. Here are few examples of well-known DAL standards: (Simple) Cone
Search, SIA (image access), SSA (spectra access), TAP (Table Access
Protocol) and ADQL (SQL-like language to query a database). The full
list of DAL standards is available on the IVOA Documents page
<https://www.ivoa.net/documents/>.

During this interop., you can contribute, remotely or in-person, with a
talk presenting implementations, sharing your experience as user,
presenting and discussing progress on a DAL standards, or presenting
use-cases. If you are interested, please send your contribution (with a
speaker name, a title, and ideally an abstract) to
gregory.mantelet at astro.unistra.fr and jfraustro at stsci.edu. If you are
unsure about the suitability of a talk, or are a first time contributor,
please get in contact with us and we can discuss it.

Cheers,
Grégory Mantelet and Joshua Fraustro