Logistics for the Sydney Interop

Simon O'Toole simon.otoole at mq.edu.au
Sat May 18 15:04:12 CEST 2024

Hi everyone,

We're looking forward to welcoming you to the Interop in Sydney this week! Here are some extra logistical details.

Direction to the venue and maps of the area
Attached is a map and directions to the venue from the Macquarie University metro station.

Here is the current campus map showing the metro station and the various bus stops: https://www.mq.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/1236317/MQ-Campus_map_2022-10.pdf
Note there is a bus replacing the metro on Sunday. It's possible that the metro-replacement bus will drop you near the metro, or near Macquarie Shopping Centre (on the bottom right), or somewhere within the University.

WiFi at the venue
If you cannot use eduroam or it does not work for you, please do the following:

  *   Connect to Macquarie Events
  *   Browse to http://www.mq.edu.au where you will be redirected to insert the passcode: welcome123

Note that the passcode will be valid until 24/05/2024 17:00:00.

Catering
Morning and afternoon tea and lunch is provided each day (no afternoon tea on Friday).
There will also be a tea and coffee station set up for the duration of the meeting; this will be available before the meeting starts each day. Note that for those attending the TCG and/or Exec committee meeting on Sunday, they will also be catered.

Welcome function
There is a welcome function on Monday 20 May at the Macquarie Ubar, with pizzas provided (a map from the venue to the Ubar is attached)

Public talk
We have a free public talk "A Universe in Data" to coincide with the Interop on Thursday 23 May at 7pm in the Mason Theatre. Tickets required and available here https://events.humanitix.com/a-universe-in-data

Please post on Slack if you get stuck, or send me an email.

Thanks,
Simon