Call for volunteers: IVOA Media Group and web migration team

Simon O'Toole simon.otoole at mq.edu.au
Mon Feb 12 23:09:56 CET 2024

Hi everyone,

As many of you know, the IVOA is in the process of moving to a new webpage and web framework. A test version of the new site can be seen here: https://webtest.ivoa.info/

This is a call for volunteers to join the IVOA Media Group, as well as to join a team to help with the web migration. Or both!

The responsibilities of the Media Group go beyond just the web migration and website, and include working on the IVOA newsletter, and posting to social media outlets. The group has been inactive for several years, but we are aiming to restart it (see the pages on the wiki here<https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/MediaGroup>). The web migration team will help move content from the existing webpages to the new web framework.

If you are interested in either of the Media Group or web migration team, please email me (simon.otoole at mq.edu.au<mailto:simon.otoole at mq.edu.au>) and/or JJ (jjk at uvic.ca<mailto:jjk at uvic.ca>).

Thanks,
Simon

[Data Central]<https://datacentral.org.au/>
Simon O'Toole<mailto:simon.otoole at mq.edu.au> • Head of Research Data & Software<https://datacentral.org.au/> • <https://datacentral.org.au/> Data Central Project Scientist