RegTAP 1.2 RFC

Renaud Savalle renaud.savalle at obspm.fr
Fri Feb 2 14:22:50 CET 2024

Dear IVOA,

On behalf of Markus (the Editor) I invite the community and TCG to
review the document RegTAP 1.2 at:

https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/RegTAP12RFC

RegTAP, formally known as the IVOA Registry Relational Schema, is the
standard way for clients to query the VO Registry. Version 1.2 adds
tables to give the coverage in space, time, and spectrum and a tap_table
view intended to replace GloTS.

Since it's a minor revision of a fairly long standard, for the purpose
of this RFC it is probably sufficient to closely inspect sects. 4.5, 7,
8.15 through 8.18, 9, and 10 (in particular 10.13). See also appendix E
for the list of changes from previous versions.

The RFC period is 2024-02-01 - 2024-03-20. As usual, comments shall be
provided by editing the above-mentioned RFC wiki page (2nd section); it
is also possible to use github Issues.

We would appreciate your time reading and commenting this document,
which is an important standard for enabling the discovery of VO resources.

Thanks,

Renaud