Call for contributions to the Registry and DCP sessions at the May 2023 IVOA Interop Meeting in Bologna, Italy

Renaud Savalle renaud.savalle at obspm.fr
Thu Mar 23 13:37:50 CET 2023

Dear Registry WG and DCP IG members, dear IVOA,

We are currently preparing the Northern Spring IVOA Interoperability Meeting which will happen the week of May 8-12 2023 in Bologna, Italy and online. Meeting and registration details are available at https://indico.ict.inaf.it/e/ivoa/interop-may-2023

The meeting programme at https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2023 has two 90 mins sessions for our activities. The first session (#7 on Tuesday May 09 at 14:00 CEST) will be, like our regular sessions, dedicated to the Registry usage and evolution. The second session (#9 on Wednesday May 10 at 9:00 CEST) will be a joint session with the DCP Interest Group (more details below).

We are now soliciting input such as short presentations that you wish to make (in person or remotely) and/or topics you wish to raise for discussion in both sessions. We are particularly interested in topics related to our latest Registry and DCP roadmaps available at https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/2022BRoadmap#Registry and https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/2022BRoadmap#Data%20Curation%20Preservation%20IG

As you know, the IVOA Registry provides access to a rich description of the services and data available in the Virtual Observatory. The importance of curation for this metadata is increasing with the harvesting from external services emerging in the Open Science framework (eg the B2Find portal). In this context, the Registry-DCP joint session will focus on how metadata curation in the Registry can improve the VO ecosystem FAIRness.

We are looking forward to your contributions and presence,

Renaud Savalle and Tess Jaffe for the Registry Working Group
Gilles Landais and Gus Muench for the Data Curation and Preservation Interest Group