MIVOT (VODML mapping) RFC opening

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Sat Sep 17 09:33:38 CEST 2022

Dear VO,

We are pleased to announce the opening of the RFC period for the MIVOT standard.

MIVOT stands for Model Instance in VOtables.
It defines an XML syntax able to map VOTable data on any data model compliant with VODML.

RFC Page: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataAnnotation <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataAnnotation>
Landing page https://ivoa.net/documents/MIVOT/20220916/index.html <https://ivoa.net/documents/MIVOT/20220916/index.html>
XML Schema. https://ivoa.net/xml/MIVOT/mivot-v1.0.xsd <https://ivoa.net/xml/MIVOT/mivot-v1.0.xsd>
Github https://github.com/ivoa-std/ModelInstanceInVot <https://github.com/ivoa-std/ModelInstanceInVot>

- The RFC period runs over 6 weeks (at least).
- The RFC page contains links on many datasets, tools, services and projects aiming
 at testing and validating this new ecosystem.
- You can comment either on the RFC page or with Git issues.
- If you are using issues, please copy the URL of your issue on the RFC page
  along with your Wiki signature.

We look forward to your comments, whether they be corrections, expectations, suggestions or anything else.
We sincerely hope to get it as a REC as soon as we can.

The authors

--
English version: https: //www.deepl.com/translator
--