Special session at April interop on the IVOA and the IAU

Berriman, Graham (Bruce) gbb at ipac.caltech.edu
Wed Mar 30 18:53:43 CEST 2022

Hello

I wanted to let you know that I am organizing a special hour long session at the interop on the topic of the IVOA's engagement with the IAU.

There are two goals to this meeting:

- Provide a brief introduction to to the IAU for people who are not familiar with it
- Foster a discussion on how the IVOA can best engage with the IAU.

The session is scheduled for Tuesday April 26 at 1330UT.

I would encourage you to attend if your schedule permits. The IAU is the major international for body for promoting and safeguarding  astronomy in all its aspects, including research, communication, education and development. It will be important for the IVOA to engage with this body.   If anyone wishes to present at this session, please let me know by April 11.

The format will be a series of short talks, followed by approx 30 mins of discussion.

 So far, the speakers will be
	 Chenzhou Cui
	 Gabrielle Giovanni - the president of IAU Division B: Facilities, Technologies and Data Science
	 Kevin Govender - the Head of IAU OAD.
	 Marie Lise Dubernet - the head of the IAU Lab Astro working group
	 and myself.

Titles will be added later.

I will work on the schedule for the session when I get back from vacation on April 11.

Cheers

Bruce

G. Bruce Berriman | Scientist | Caltech/IPAC-NExScI