Operations IG at Interop

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Mar 21 16:29:44 CET 2022

Dear Operations Interest Group and IVOA,

the next IVOA Interop meeting will be online, 25-29 April.
Ops IG will organise sessions related to VO operations, and we invite
contributions on the following topics:

 - Practical issues, questions or experience related to operating
   services that implement VO standards

 - A "site report" - an presentation of how your (large or small) site
   or organisation provides VO services

 - Validation of VO services

 - Anything else related to VO operations.

Since one of the responsibilities of the Ops IG is to provide feedback
to the other Working Groups on the state and content of standards
documents from the context of operational experience, we would also
like to host a discussion of:

 - Best practice for authoring standards

Contributions on this topic might take the form of a list of
complaints about particular deficiencies of existing VO standards,
or more constructively suggestions for how IVOA standards can be
better specified to meet the needs of service implementors and
operators.

If you would like to contribute a presentation or suggest a topic
for discussion under any of these headings, or talk about the
possibility of doing so, please contact me and/or Steve Groom,
preferably by the end of March.

Mark Taylor (Chair)
Steve Groom (Vice-Chair)
Operations Interest Group

--
Mark Taylor  Astronomical Programmer  Physics, Bristol University, UK
m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk          http://www.star.bristol.ac.uk/~mbt/