IVOA Northern Fall Virtual Interop (Nov 2-4) - Registration OPEN

Janet Evans janet at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 17 16:46:42 CEST 2021

Dear IVOA Community,

We are happy to announce that Registration for the Northern Fall Virtual IVOA Interop (Nov 2-4 UTC) is now open.

** Here is a link to the meeting and registration web page:
https://indico.ict.inaf.it/e/ivoa/interop-nov-2021 <https://indico.ict.inaf.it/e/ivoa/interop-nov-2021>

The meeting schedule is made up of sessions of the IVOA Working Groups (WG) and Interest Groups (IG).  In addition, we envision  community presentations and contributions that will be organized within the WG/IGs for this short 3 day meeting.  There will also be a session on Nov 01 sponsored by the Education IG for Newcomers to the IVOA (or those who would like a refresher).

Here is a high-level draft schedule for the November Interop. It will be filled in during the coming weeks.
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpNov2021 <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpNov2021>

The meeting organization will be again similar to our May Interop meeting.  We will use Zoom as our shared remote service, and Etherpad for live notes and questions. We are planning to keep presentations to a single thread (no parallel sessions) and save a good amount of the time for your input and discussion. Sessions will be recorded and posted so that if you miss a session you can go back and view it. We will work to schedule sessions with reasonable times during the day for 2 of the 3 sessions a day in your time zone.

Note: There is no fee associated with this meeting.

Please email "interop_helpdesk at ivoa.net <mailto:interop_helpdesk at ivoa.net>" if you have any questions or suggestions.

** We welcome you to pass this email on to colleagues who may not be on the Interop mailing list.

!! Join Us - We look forward to another successful Interop meeting in November !!

Best regards,
-janet & marco

Janet Evans
Chandra Data System Software Development Manager
Chandra X-ray Center
Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

Office: (617) 495 7160 | Cell: (617) 688 6084
60 Garden Street | MS 81 | Cambridge, MA 02138