IVOA Season's Greetings

Chenzhou Cui ccz at bao.ac.cn
Thu Dec 24 03:26:48 CET 2020

Dear IVOA colleagues and friends,

On behalf of the IVOA Exec committee, we send the Season's Greetings to
you and your family.

As we approach the end of a tumultuous 2020, this is a good time to
pause and reflect on the significant challenges we have all endured this
year. In spite of great adversities (more than corona-related only), it
has been heartening to see us stick together as a global community. We
are more connected than ever through two very fruitful on-line Interop
meetings and numerous WG and TCG virtual meetings. A big thanks to
everyone for their resilience and for putting the needs of others before
their own, even under difficult and heart-breaking  circumstances.

As 2021 is just around the corner, none of us yet know how the year will
turn out. We have lots of plans and expectations of returning to a new
"normal", but as we continue to face challenges, in the words of Martin
Luther King jr., "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose
infinite hope." Even in our socially-distanced world, the stars continue
to shine for everyone!

Season's greetings from the IVOA family and warm wishes for a
corona-immune 2021,

Chenzhou Cui & Bruce Berriman

Chenzhou Cui
National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: +86-10-64872500
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: +86-10-64888708
20A Datun Road, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz at bao.ac.cn
Beijing 100101, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb