link to white papers submitted to the US 2020 Decadal Survey

Fabbiano, Giuseppina gfabbiano at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 21 15:19:00 CET 2019

Dear IVOA Interop,

 A group of USVOA and friends have written 6 white papers and submitted
them to all the science areas of the US 2020 Decadal Survey that will
recommend the priorities for the next 10 years to the Funding Agencies.
We have decided to challenge the slant of the survey (based on providing
'the most important open questions', and instead stress the importance of
serendipitous and archival science in Astrophysics. These papers have
received a surprising amount of support from colleagues.

I have posted on ArXiv a collation of the six papers.
For you reading pleasure:

2019arXiv190306634F
2019/03
Increasing the Discovery Space in Astrophysics - A Collation of Six
Submitted White Papers
Fabbiano, G.; Elvis, M.; Accomazzi, A. and 46 more

Cheers,
 -pepi

--

Giuseppina Fabbiano

*Senior Astrophysicist*

(HEA/SAO)

Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

Office: (617) 495 7203

60 Garden Street | MS 6 | Cambridge, MA 02138

cfa.harvard.edu | Facebook <http://cfa.harvard.edu/facebook> | Twitter
<http://cfa.harvard.edu/twitter> | YouTube <http://cfa.harvard.edu/youtube>