Call for contributions to the Education sessions at the IVOA InterOp May 2018 in Victoria

Chenzhou CUI ccz at bao.ac.cn
Tue Mar 27 16:14:20 CEST 2018

Dear VOers,

This is a call for contributions to the Education sessions hosted by
EduIG and Media Group at the coming Victaria IVOA Interop meeting.

Submissions are invited from people who wish to present work on
astronomy education, public outreach, and societal communication
relevant to the Virtual Observatory, particularly those which make use
of IVOA standards and resources.  Presentations to stimulate discussion
relevant to the education and public communication are also welcome.

The format is generally talks of about 15 minutes, though the exact
timings will depend on the number of submissions.  We would like to have
a fairly complete schedule in place by 14 May, so please send requests
for talks (title + presenter, optionally with a short abstract) to us by
then if possible.

Chenzhou Cui (EduIG Chair, ccz at bao.ac.cn)
Deborah Baines (Medig Group Chair, dbaines at sciops.esa.int)

On 2018/3/26 6:37, Patrick Dowler wrote:
> A gentle reminder about the meeting in May:
>
> http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2018MeetingtPage
>
> Direct link to registration page:
> https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ivoa-interop-may-2018-tickets-42433500743
>
> Direct link to room booking page at the Laurel Point Inn:
> https://reservations.travelclick.com/12209?groupID=2072227#/guestsandrooms
>
> The room block will be held until April 20th so please book your rooms asap.
>
> We are looking forward to seeing everyone in May!

Chenzhou Cui
National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: +86-10-64872500
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: +86-10-64888708
20A Datun Road, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz at bao.ac.cn
Beijing 100101, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb