Microsoft buys GitHub

Robert B. Denny rdenny at dc3.com
Wed Jun 6 15:06:06 CEST 2018

I should add that GitHub's business strategy may well have been to run at a
loss, attract the free software / open source community and thereby build a big
following (well deserved I might add, they run a great service), then go looking
for buyers. Perfectly good business strategy, and it tempers my thought that
depending on GitHub five years ago was risky. Maybe not as risky as I originally
thought. And now their business strategy has proven to be a good one. the
founders risked it all, worked like dogs, suffered (no doubt) through some dark
times, and are walking away with seven billion dollars, a free enterprise
success. Bravo to them.

  -- Bob