Call for contribution to the ADASS BoF: Data-driven and VO-enabled Education and Citizen Science

Chenzhou CUI ccz at bao.ac.cn
Wed Oct 18 10:12:41 CEST 2017

Dear IVOA Interop,

The ADASS program is available now at:
http://www.adass.cl/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/program-v1.4.pdf

The "BoF : Data-driven and VO-enabled Education and Citizen Science" is
placed on the first day, Oct 23, 17:30-19:00.

On the same day, in the morning, Giulia Iafrate (INAF-OATs) will give a
Key Theme talk "VO for education: virtual and remote observing". In the
afternoon, I will give a lighting talk "Data-driven Astronomy Education
and Public Outreach, current status and working plans". Furthermore, in
the afternoon, there are several talks about VO tools, including TOPCAT,
Aladin, CADC, ESASky, and others.

Pepi Fabbiano will give an introduction talk about VO and IVOA at the
beginning of the BoF. You are invited to contribute to the BoF by short
talks (5 to 10 mins) around the topic. Please let me know if you hope to
present something at the BoF. Thank you.

Cheers,

Chenzhou

Chenzhou Cui
National Astronomical Observatory | Tel: +86-10-64872500
Chinese Academy of Sciences       | FAX: +86-10-64888708
20A Datun Road, Chaoyang District | Email: ccz at bao.ac.cn
Beijing 100012, China             | WWW: www.lamost.org/~cb