Discovering Data Collections RFC

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 1 16:14:29 CET 2017

Dear IVOA,

Both as a second test run for the Endorsed Note process and as a
solution for data discovery in the age of large TAP services, as
chair of the Registry WG I invite the general public as well as the
TCG to review the proposed endorsed note

Discovering Data Collections Within Services

available from
http://ivoa.net/documents/Notes/discovercollections/index.html.  Your
comments are welcome on the RFC page
http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/Discovercoll11RFC.
Questions likely to raise longer discussions are welcome on the
Registry mailing list, too.

It is version 1.1 as version 1.0 has been a normal IVOA Note,
published in January 2016.

The formal RFC period is six weeks and will thus end on 2017-04-12.
While we will probably accept late comments until the Shanghai
interop, as always we are particularly grateful for comments during
the RFC period proper.

Thanks,

        Markus Demleitner