VOResource 1.1 RFC

Baptiste Cecconi baptiste.cecconi at obspm.fr
Wed Jun 7 17:30:38 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I take the opportunity of Sarah's email to send also a few words about VOResource.

The Creator and Contact of VOResource elements both include an ivo-id attribute to be used for referring to contact/creator details already declared in the registry. This is also present in the VOEvent data model and it could be useful in many other cases. This allows to keep track of personal detail changes (email, phone…) in existing resources without editing the resource itself. I couldn't find any real-world implementation of this VOResource feature. Any example out there? I'm interested to see how to declare such a resource.

This is already implemented in other registries (such as SPASE for instance). It would be a charge to the naming authority to maintain its own Person-VOResource descriptors, but I think this is fully acceptable.

Cheers
Baptiste