SimpleDALRegExt RFC

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 12 13:03:46 CEST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to invite both community and TCG to review
SimpleDALRegExt version 1.1.  The RFC page is on
http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SimpleDALRegExt1dot1RFC, and
I would like to conclude (the first round of) RFC by Aug 31.

This is very much a maintenance version.  The main change is that the
capability extension types defined in there no longer have hardcoded
standardIDs.  This was made necessary by both SIAP version 2 and the
inclusion of versions in the standard identifiers.

Therefore, I would be particularly grateful if the operators of SIAP
version 2 services could update their Registry records accordingly.
Also, if you have some sort of registry interface for locating SIAP
services and you do not yet support discovering SIAv2 services: This
would be the perfect moment to update your code.

Thanks,

      Markus