UWS 1.1 Request for Comments

Brian Major majorb at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Jul 1 01:02:28 CEST 2015

Dear IVOA members,

The IVOA Grid and Web Services Working group announces the start of the
Request For Comments (RFC) period for version 1.1 of the Universal Worker
Service Pattern (UWS) specification.

We would like to thank Paul Harrison for all his work in authoring this
version of the document.

The proposed standard is available at:

    http://ivoa.net/documents/UWS/20150626/index.html

The RFC page is located at:

    http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/UWS11RFC

The RFC period will run from today (June 30, 2015) to August 18, 2015.
 (This period has been extended slightly to account for summer absences.)
 Please make your comments by editing the RFC wiki page noted above.

An initial list of 1.1 reference implementations of which I am aware have
been added to the RFC page.  Could the authors of these please confirm
their implementation by adding a comment?  If there are implementations or
validators that I missed please add them to the lists.

Cheers,

Brian Major and Giuliano Taffoni
Grid and Web Services Chair & Vice-Chair