VOUnits: second RFC

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Fri Feb 28 10:03:44 PST 2014

Greetings, all.

On 2014 Feb 14, at 18:09, Louys Mireille <mireille.louys at unistra.fr> wrote:

> Here is a kind reminder about the VOUnit RFC period , planned to end on February 4.
> Please check the new version  and add your comments on the extended RFC page at
> http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/Dec2013VOUnitsRFC
>
> The previous discussion is also available for the record from this page.

There have been no RFC comments on that page, one brief on-list exchange <http://ivoa.net/pipermail/semantics/>, and one off-list comment about a textual ambiguity.  I've made (very) minor changes and version 1.0-20140226 should appear on the documents page very shortly (see the sig for the diffs; I've just uploaded this now, so it might be Monday before this version appears on the ivoa.net/documents page).

I'd like to propose, therefore, that VOUnits 1.0-20140226 goes into TCG review, from 1 March to 31 March.  If all TCG members can sign off on this version before then, then it can be promoted to the last stage immediately.

Best wishes,

Norman

----
This is part of a discussion of "Units in the VO"
IVOA Proposed Recommendation 1.0-20140226
Editor(s): Sébastien Derrière and Norman Gray

PDF: http://www.ivoa.net/documents/VOUnits/20140226/
changes: https://code.google.com/p/volute/source/browse/trunk/projects/std-vounits/VOUnits.tex
changes: https://bitbucket.org/nxg/unity/commits/all
RFC: http://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/Dec2013VOUnitsRFC