Next generation technologies session

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 6 11:28:14 PDT 2013

Hi,

Following the success of the first NGT session at the Heidelberg Interop, we're seeing whether this should become a regular fixture and have scheduled a placeholder session for Hawaii. If you are interested in presenting, please let me know asap. From Norman's original solicitation:

"This session will be about techniques or technologies which should be in the IVOA's future, or which may provide alternative solutions to IVOA problems, but which aren't yet at a standardisable stage.

This might include:

 * web developments (HTTP successors?)
 * language developments (languages for natural parallelism?)
 * database developments (is nosql now passé?)
 * UI developments (does an image viewer _without_ a game controller make sense?)

We can run this as a conventional session, with a sequence of timed talks, or if there's more interest we can run it as a sequence of lightning talks, or an unconference (I'm happy to take suggestions on format, too)."

	Cheers,

	Matthew