Agenda Changes: ImageDM discussion during Education I

Rots, Arnold arots at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri May 17 00:46:39 PDT 2013

Since that session was not really completed (or, if it did,
I wasn't able to find out where and when), I posted some
comments on the DM sessions Twiki page, in the form of
some slides regarding the implementation of WCS in STC.
You may recall that Francois asserted that there was no
such support. There is; see: table 4, Appendix A, and the
example in Appendix B.2.
The main issue is that STC data model was designed to provide a
characterization of the data it referred to along its coordinates.
Part of that was the WCS projection.
When the characterization role is rejected and one starts
cherry-picking pieces from the data model, it becomes more
difficult to put the WCS information back in, since the integrity
of the data model has been lost.
To be blunt: the WCS support is there, but the way you choose
to use STC may make it very difficult to take advantage of it.

Cheers,

  - Arnold

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Jesus Salgado <jsalgado at sciops.esa.int>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Massimo Ramella has kindly provided part of the time of his Education 1
> session on
> Thursday 11:00–12:30 to finish the discussion on ImageDM draft that we
> were having
> during DM1 session.
>
> That means, we will have F. Bonnarel presentation that could not give
> today plus
> the brainstorming.
>
> Please take note of that :)
> Cheers,
> Jesus
>
> This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
> or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or
> copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If
> you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it
> from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be
> guaranteed by the sender.

Arnold H. Rots                                          Chandra X-ray
Science Center
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory                   tel:  +1 617 496
7701
60 Garden Street, MS 67                                      fax:  +1 617
495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138
arots at cfa.harvard.edu
USA