VOUnits 1.0

Sebastien Derriere sebastien.derriere at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Dec 16 15:31:51 PST 2011

   Hello,

   It is a time of year when many are busy trying to find nice presents,
so I am happy to share with you the version 1.0 of the VOUnits document,
released as a working draft for discussion within the semantics WG,
and destined to follow the IVOA recommendation process.
http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/UnitsDesc/WD-VOUnits-1.0-20111216.pdf

   It is a major update of the previous 0.3 working draft, revamped to
take into account the TCG, DM and Semantics discussions held during
the last interop meetings.
   I have however kept the original list of authors, so simply tell me
if you wish to be removed. And I wish I haven't forgotten anyone.

   A few points await your remarks and comments. I have set up a wiki page
for this :
http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DiscussionOnVOUnits
   You can either post your comments on this page directly or reply to
the semantics mailing list. The wiki page is not the RFC, but will be
used as a justification of decisions made in the document, and linked
from the RFC page when we get there.

   I am awaiting your comments !

Sebastien.

    (((    Sebastien Derriere     sebastien.derriere at astro.unistra.fr
   (. .)   Observatoire de Strasbourg       Phone +33 (0) 368 852 444
  (( v ))  11, rue de l'universite        Telefax +33 (0) 368 852 417
---m-m--- F-67000 Strasbourg  France