Fwd: [Fwd: ICSU World Data System: Call for Expressions of Interest]

M. Ohishi masatoshi.ohishi at nao.ac.jp
Sat Oct 10 08:26:51 PDT 2009

Dear IVOA members,

I would like to forward an email from ICSU regarding an interest to join
the World Data System (WDS).

There seems to be no harm to join the WDS (except that a data center
would need to find its successor when it decides to cease a data service)
, and an advantage to join the WDS would be to raise the visibility of a
data center (and possibly to get more fund from a funding agency since
the data center contributes the world wide activity by ICSU).

I hope you to pass this information to relevant data centers that you
know.

Regards,
   Masatoshi Ohishi, Japan