Summary of activities of VOQL Group since last Interop meeting

Pedro Osuna Pedro.Osuna at sciops.esa.int
Fri May 16 10:40:39 PDT 2008

Dear Exec,

please find a summary of the activities of the VOQL group since last
Interop meeting (Sep 2007).

The group has mainly concentrated (as agreed) on the ADQL Document. As
you can see, our estimation to initiate the RFC at the beginning of
the year could not be fulfilled as there were issues under discussion
that required our full attention. However, I am very glad to report
that we tried to cope with all issues, and we managed to start the RFC
at the beginning of March, allowing us to come to this interop meeting
with a very complete ADQL document, which I am sure we'll manage to
agree on.

I would like to thank from here the excellent work from the VOQL-TEG
Group, and the people inputing comments to the RFC pages, helping us
polish the latest bits of the document.

I have attached (in-lined), for your information, the relevant mails/
docs accompanying each of the milestones that I am describing below,
should you want to look at them.

I remain at your disposal for any question you might have.

Best regards, and see you in Trieste.
Pedro Osuna. Chair, IVOA VOQL Group.

SUMMARY
=========

- From Closing Plenary presentation Cambridge Interop Sep 2007
(attached)

[...]
Roadmap
========
+ No major issues found; nearly ready
+ Inputs to the list expected next couple of weeks
+ Finalising agreements and wrapping up document by end of 2007
+ Beginning of standardisation process to be initiated Nov 2007
+ Definitive doc for approval ready before the end of the year
[...]

- Actually, discussions on inputs spanned November and December; very
positive and interesting inputs; agreed on approach by January 2008

- VOQL Chair to VOQL-TEG asking to review ADQL doc on January 2008
(attached)

- VOQL Chair to VOQL-TEG saying that report will be given to the TCG
on ADQL nearly-finished status (attached) and moving to RFC (25 Feb
2008) (attached)

- distribution of latest ADQL to the VOQL-TEG. Announcement that it
will be distributed to the VOQL general group (19 Mar 2008) (attached)

- VOQL Chair to VOQL general group distributing latest ADLQ doc to
fulfill the 4 weeks asking for comments within the Working Group
before starting the RFC (26 Mar 2008) (attached)

- Discussions within the Working Group of comments received (can
distribute them if needed; see the VOQL mailing list)

- RFC initiated for ADQL (30 Apr 2008) (attached)

ATTACHMENTS

Attachment 1: Cambridge Closing Plenary

Attachment 2: Mail from VOQL Chair to VOQL-TEG asking for final
comments on ADQL doc