citing IVOA standards

Andy at ROE al at roe.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 00:59:58 PDT 2008

Norman

well said, exactly so. But in addition, as well as who makes the
recommendation, the crucial thing is who uses it.  This is a positive
feedback loop. As more folk use the "recommendations" of Body X, so
the utterances of Body X gain force. In this way the IVOA does not yet
have W3C authority, but we are working towards it. The key stage we
are at is gaining momentum with deployments.

    andy lawrence