problems viewing maps on Interop web site

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Tue Jul 29 12:09:51 PDT 2008

A few people have noted problems viewing the embedded Google maps on the
IVOA Interop web site.  I have notified our IT support people (this is part
of their standard web package for conferences).  In the interim, you can
generate this map yourself if you go to maps.google.com and enter the hotel
address:

4 west university parkway, baltimore, md

STScI is located at 3700 San Martin Drive.   The JHU Physics Department is
directly across the street.

The JHU Campus Map that is linked from the Interop Twiki page has more
detail.  And I have created an annotated satellite-view map showing the
hotel, STScI, and the Physics Department with a couple of suggested walking
routes shown.  This is attached to the Twiki page at
http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/InterOpOct2008/JHUWalk.jpg.

Cheers,
Bob