Request for Comments: SAMP V1.1

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Mon Dec 1 09:16:08 PST 2008

Dear colleagues,

This is a Request for Comments on the Simple Applications Messaging
Protocol (SAMP), Version 1.1, which the Applications Working Group
wishes to promote to Recommendation.  The RFC will officially run from
December 8, 2008 through January 16, 2008.  We are running this RFC
longer than the minimum 4 week period since it runs over the Christmas
and New Year's holidays.  While the official RFC cannot begin until
December 8, two weeks after the promotion of the document to PR, early
comments will not be rejected.

The document is available at http://ivoa.net/Documents/latest/SAMP.html
and can be found conveniently as the top entry in the IVOA documents
repository. Links to many of the implementations of the protocol can be
found at
http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SampProgress along with
an enumeration of messages currently being used.

The Twiki page at
http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SampRfcDiscussionV11
will be used to capture all comments on the document.  Please do not
send comments as a reply to this message or to the Interop mailing list.
We would prefer that you add comments to the Wiki page directly, or if
this is inconvenient send mail to the apps-samp at ivoa.net mailing list or
the apps at ivoa.net list.

Regards,

	Tom McGlynn