Moscow Interop - Agenda changes

Nicholas A Walton naw at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 15 07:06:51 PDT 2006

Dear All,

Following on from Oleg's email -there have been some slight agenda
changes for the InterOp - see
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpSep2006 - in particular
there is now one less VOQL session - and therefore note the room changes
for the DAL-2 and Theory sessions on Tues 19 Sep (14.00-15.30)

Please upload Plenary presentations to the page at
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpSep2006Plenary - all
plenary presentations should be ~8-10 mins.

Have a good meeting in Moscow

Yours, Nic Walton

-----------

Oleg Yu. Malkov wrote:
> To: interop at ivoa.net, participants of the Moscow IVOA Interop
>
>      IVOA Interoperability Meeting & Small Project Meeting
>             Moscow, Russia, September 18 - 22, 2006
>
>                       Third Announcement
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> The IVOA Interoperability Meeting & Small Project meeting (SPM) will
> take place in Moscow, Russia, in September 18 - 22, 2006.
>
> Free transportation from the Moscow airports to hotels will be
> provided for participants who indicated their flight number and
> exact time of arrival in the registration form by Sep 7. Upon arrival,
> please, look at the airport arrival lounge for students with the IVOA
> logo poster. In any case we strongly advise you not to use the service
> provided in the airports by individual drivers.
>
> Free transportation will be also provided from/to the
> "Universitetskaya" and "Soyuz" hotels from Monday to Friday
> (see Appendix A below).
>
> All three institutions (RAS-HQ, IoA and SAI) have now wireless
> Internet access. There is no Internet connection in the hotels.
>
> IMPORTANT! To enter to RAS-HQ participants have to show their
> passports.
>
> Registration desk will be open in the lobby of the hotel
> "Universitetskaya" on Monday from 9:00 to 10:30 and in RAS-HQ
> from 11:00 to 11:30.
>
> We would like to remind you that the hotel adds a fee to your
> account for preliminary reservation. That fee was paid by the LOC.
> We ask you to pay that fee (700 RUR = 25 USD = 20 EUR) to a LOC
> representative during your registration. On the registration desk you
> also can pay for the coference banquet (700 RUR = 25 USD = 20 EUR),
> Tretjakov Gallery excursion (350 RUR = 12 USD = 10 EUR) and
> Moscow city bus tour (700 RUR = 25 USD = 20 EUR, see Appendix B below).
> Payment on the registration desk can be made in roubles, dollars or
> euro by cash. Payment for your accomodation and breakfast in the hotels
> will be accepted only in roubles.
>
> Scientific program can be found at
> http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpSep2006
> List of IoA rooms for Sep 19 and Sep 20:
> IoA-1: green house, first floor, room 24
> IoA-2: yellow house, first floor, room 15
> IoA-3: green house, ground floor, room 13
>
> Lunches will be organized for participants in RAS-HQ restaurant
> on Sep 18, and in a restaurant near SAI on Sep 21 and Sep 22 (this
> is also a restaurant, where conference banquet will be served on
> Sep 21 evening). Participants will be also provided with a map
> and list of restaurants located near IoA. Payment for the lunch
> can be made only in roubles.
>
> Money exchange can be made in exchange offices that can be found
> in the city of Moscow. In airports money exchange can also be made,
> however, the rate is lower than in the city. It is advisable to have
> currency in USD or EUR, which can be exchaged almost everythere. Other
> currency can be exchaged only in Sberegatel'nyj Bank and some others,
> [...]

Dr N. A. Walton
(AstroGrid Project Scientist	       http://www.astrogrid.org)
(Euro-VO VOTC Project Scientist	       http://www.euro-vo.org)
Institute of Astronomy          Tel:   +44 1223 337503
University of Cambridge         Fax:   +44 1223 337523
Madingley Road                  WWW:   http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~naw
Cambridge, CB3 0HA              email: naw at ast.cam.ac.uk