Wrong Rumor -- No Chicken Flue in Japan

Masatoshi OHISHI masatoshi.ohishi at nao.ac.jp
Tue May 10 08:32:22 PDT 2005

Hi IVOA,

One of our colleague forwarded me the following rumor:

 > > Oh, by the way, there is last minute news on the french website about Japan:
 > > "The japanese authorities do not recommend a stay in Japan for
sanitary reasons because
 > > of the influenza you can get from the chickens... There was several
cases in Tanba
 > > around Kyoto."

This is, of course, wrong information. The Chicken-Flue was already exterminated.

Please never cancel your visit to Japan (^_^!!

   Masatoshi Ohishi

                 Masatoshi  OHISHI
National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
2-21-1, Osawa, Mitaka, Tokyo, 181-8588 JAPAN
phone :+81-422-34-3575  (office)
        +81-90-3574-9474 (mobile)
fax   :+81-422-34-3840
e-mail:masatoshi.ohishi at nao.ac.jp