Workflow

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 01:36:43 PST 2005

All this comes under the general security heading. We need to be able to
identify users and groups of users: their identity, attributes, composition
etc. We then need to allow the addition of access rights to resources which
permit levels of access to resources for different groups. We need standards
for how these users and groups are identified, authenticated and authorised
and how security information is passed between resources.

And, yes, all this is more critical than workflow standards. Perhaps we'd be
better off organising a security BOF at Kyoto leading to a security
workgroup rather than the workflow one.

Cheers,
Tony.