VO vs VObs

Nicholas Walton naw at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 07:18:29 PDT 2004

hi dave

i think the main user of the VO is the business community - VO = Virtual
Organisation.

But a Virtual Observatory is a good example (I hope!) of a Virtual
Organisation thus I don't see a problem using VO (usually it will be in
context, or carfully defined in cases where confusion with the more
generic use VO could result).

cheers, nic

Dr N. A. Walton
(AstroGrid Project Scientist)   Tel:   +44 1223 337503
Institute of Astronomy          FAX:   +44 1223 337523
University of Cambridge         WWW:   http://www.astrogrid.org
Madingley Road                  WWW:   http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~naw
Cambridge, CB3 0HA              email: naw at ast.cam.ac.uk