more on FITS and VO

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 04:29:38 PST 2003

This change sounds unhelpful.  Something with NAXIS=0 isn't an image; you
can't display it in an image viewer.  Surely the point of image/fits is to
separate those datasets that can be passed to a generic image-viewer from
those where the receiving programme needs to know the semantics of the data?

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523