[Heig] Meeting notes and Actions - 28Jun24

Janet Evans janet at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 28 21:58:03 CEST 2024

Hi Folks,

I put a quick set of notes together from our meeting today @13:00 UTC … feedback & corrections welcome..

Here is a pointer to today’s meeting notes: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/HEIG_24Jun28

Here is a pointer to the IVOA HEIG Page: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/HEGroup

I apologize in advance if I missed your name as an attendee … please log in and add it or send me an email and I will.  I forgot to write down names and was going on memory.

The focus was a review of the IVOA Note draft and identifying where folks needed to step in with content.  We took actions for individuals .  Please work to get them done this summer (by Aug15) so we have the document reviewed and settled by our next meeting on Aug 30 @13:00 UTC.

The big topic next meeting will be settling in on a Plenary session in Malta (Nov 15-17).  We decided we needed to have a Title and descriptions as an outcome of our next meeting and then invitations to presenters as an outcome of that meeting.  Please consider topics/projects to highlight … I’ve added a section to our twiki page for your ideas as they come to you.

Here are the actions on the Document Note contributions: You’ll be happy to know you didn’t have to be at the meeting to get an action:
Giusepppi Greco - writeup project description and use case for GW (Section 2 - see other examples there; also see Section 4.5 for Multi-wavelength & decide if there is a contribution there)
Ian - provide data flow specifications; Section 3 - Review/Update
Ada/Laurent - Expand XMM description (Section 2.2.2)
??? - Expand SVOM description (Sec 2.2.3) - not sure assignee on this one
Juta - use case for Neutrino's
Tess - OGIP format description (Sec 3.3.1)
Kari/Juta - GADF/VODF review (Sec 3.3.2)
Ian/Janet - Tools for data extraction and Vis review (section 3.4)
Karl - Use cases - Section 4.2/4.4 - review/expand (I believe Karl took actions on Bruno and would take back to group)
Ada - Use case(s)- Section 4.3 - review/expand (transient)
Matheui - Section 5 use case review
Laurant - Section 5.1.5 - MIVOT description (Is it complete?)
Matheui - Provenance section
Mark CD - data models in working drafts - Expand (Section 5.2)
Put Obscore section together to not lose what there but not do the deifnitive work on a list; keep list as candidates in discussion
Mireille - Obscore table completion (6.2.2); other TODOs in Section 6.2.3
Mathieu - Section 6.4, DataLink <https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/DataLink> eample
Everyone ... Give the doc a good read and comment!!!!
Next meeting is on Friday, August 30 13:00 UTC

Thanks everyone for a good meeting …

Best regards,
-janet
——————
Janet Evans
Chandra Data System Software Development Manager
Chandra X-ray Center
Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

Office: (617) 495 7160 | Cell: (617) 688 6084
60 Garden Street | MS 81 | Cambridge, MA 02138