[Heig] HEIG update & next mtg planning

Janet Evans janet at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 2 23:57:34 CEST 2023

Dear HEIG Folks,

Please check the HEIG WG page for the slides from our Sept 14 meeting and the meeting notes from that day.
The presentation was on Events Lists and plans for the IVOA Multi-dimensional Data Model.  We had great attendance and a lot of interesting discussion.

The slides/notes are under “Related workshops and presentations” & at the top of that listing.  Here is a pointer to the HEIG page:

https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/HEGroup

At the Sep 14 meeting, we planned to meet again in ~1 months time to review ARFs, RMFs, and IRF files and how they relate.  *Ian Evans* took an action to describe ARF/RMF for that meeting and *someone at CTAO* will present IRFs (you guys decide).

I set up a Doodle poll to decide a day/time to meet.  We floated Oct 19 @13:00UTC but wanted to offer a few times in order to get the best coverage.  Please *FILL OUT* the poll by **COB Thu, Oct5** so we can announce the date/time this Friday.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/epzgGA6b

Sincerely,
-janet

——————
Janet Evans
Chandra Data System Software Development Manager
Chandra X-ray Center
Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

Office: (617) 495 7160 | Cell: (617) 688 6084
60 Garden Street | MS 81 | Cambridge, MA 02138