New name in place of GWS

Bertocco, Sara sara.bertocco at inaf.it
Sat Nov 11 19:08:23 CET 2023

Dear all,
in agreement with the TCG we think that the GWS (Grid and Web Services)
group name should be refurbished because it recalls old technologies (grid,
web services based on WSDL- Web Service Description Language, SOAP, etc.).
The same way, we should also refurbish the wiki page which is stating:
    "Rationale
The aim of the GWS WG is to define the use of *Grid technologies* and *web
services* within the VO context and to investigate, specify, and implement
required standards in this area. This group was formed from a merger of the
Web Services group and the Grid group, ordered at the IAU General Assembly
in 2003. "

We would like to decide a new suitable name in collaboration with all of
us, starting from the hypothesis

 that the new name should not recall existing technologies, but the mission
of the group. Currently in the group we face:
Relation between software and resources (Computing, Storage)
Authentication, Authorisation
Clouds, Orchestrators, Containers
Science Platforms

With this aim, we prepared a collaborative page where everyone can share
his proposal:
    https://yopad.eu/p/New_name_for_GWS_group

Sara & Jesus