Grid & Web Services call for contributions

Dave Morris dave.morris at metagrid.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 17:31:32 CEST 2023

Dear Grid & Web Services working group,

This year's IVOA interop meeting will be held in Bologna, Italy from 8
May to 12 May [1].

We have 2 sessions dedicated to the Grid & Web Services working group
and we would like to invite you to submit abstracts for talks to
present.

There are a couple of topics that people have already expressed interest
in discussion during these sessions.

The first topic is to look at how we can update the IVOA web service
standards to be more in line with modern software and service
development practices such as JSON serialization and Python web-service
frameworks to develop the services.

The second topic is to look at what the IVOA needs to provide to
facilitate code-to-the-data remote execution. This covers a broad range
of things from how we can describe and discover data sets and execution
platforms, how we can describe workflows that bring code and data
together, and how we can execute these workflows and collect the
results.

If you have suggestion for additional topics that you would like to
discuss please feel free to submit an abstract and we will endeavour to
include you in one of the GWS sessions.

Looking forward to seeing you all in person.

Best regards,
The GWS team,
Giuliano Taffoni,
Dave Morris